August 26, 2010

Christmas Shopping, Really?

One of the best and worst parts of Amazon is that it has spoiled me to paying full price for anything-especially toys.  If there's a toy you're interested in, put it in your Amazon cart and wait.  The price will invariably drop.  Obviously, this isn't going to work for the Pillow Pets or Zhu Zhu Pets or whatever is this year's hot Holiday trend, but it will work for most other things.

I have posted my hints about how to shop at Amazon, but one of the biggest things to remember is that you will have to get started now in order to really get the good deals.  Also remember that if you find an item for 75% off, you have to buy it right then.  I learned this the hard way yesterday as I watched Monty T Rex go down to $24 from $90.  I wasn't quite sure if we wanted it, but it's back up to $48 right now.  That's still almost half off, but I've mentioned before that I am cheap.


Here are some important links to use for searching out the bargains.  Remember that prices go up and down all the time.  Set your price point and jump when it hits.  Some items are a great deal at 50% off, while some have to get down to 75% off before I'm willing to bite.  Your price point might be different.
  • The Amazon toys and games Movers and Shakers list.  This is the list of the top moving products over the past 24 hours, and it is updated all the time throughout the day.
  • The Amazon Toy Outlet.  Though it sounds like a landing place for misfit toys, it's actually got a lot of items that are still relevant.  Remember on the left side of the page, you can sort the list for whatever your needs are. I like to sort by 70% off and more.
  • Starting closer to Thanksgiving, Amazon will do their lightning deals.  I can't post the link yet, because it's not available yet.
  • Don't forget, if it's something you really like or want, put it in your cart and watch for it to fall. 
And here are a few really good deals going on right now.



For every toy there, there are some other great deals in the same brands.  The Plan toys are really great wooden toys, and there are more on sale.  Best-lock is a lot like Lego, and I think they are compatible with Lego as well.  Most of the items I saw are also available at a great discount.

    No comments: