January 8, 2010

Tub Paints for Kids

This has got to be the best way to keep children occupied.  It's clean, it's contained, and it's a great activity for when it's too cold to go outside and you're on your millionth snow day.  I found the idea at Family Fun's web page, and it is just easy.  The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of clear or white liquid soap, 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, and food coloring.  I cut it in half and still had enough soap to fill 8 of the cups from an old foam egg carton.  I used the food coloring from Kid Concoctions so I don't end up with stained kids and tub, and I let them paint.  (Not my kid)


What more fun can kids have?  My little one was already covered in marker from the drawing they did this morning, so now she can paint all over herself and get the marker off at the same time.

No comments: