June 3, 2010

Anti-Scatter Flash Cards

We enjoy playing with flash cards here, but do yours look like this?

Mine do, right now, because I gave my little one a box of number flash cards to play with.  I did not tell her to scatter them just for the photo, this is how she plays with them.  I'm all for having fun while you're learning, but my little one doesn't pick up after herself.

I bought a great set of cards at Dollar Tree once, and they had a little clip holding them together.  They were almost like a little book, and I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  After that, I did that to all the cards we bought.  It's so easy!



Just take some little binder rings and a hole punch, and you're good to go.  You could measure the holes and mark everything, but I just take the first card, punch the holes where I want them, then use it as a template for the next ones.  I've found you can only do about three at a time or the holes get messy.

If you wanted to really get fancy, you could cover the cards with contact paper to make them a little sturdier or you could use some of those hole-protecting stickers to keep the rings from pulling through, but this set of cards cost me 99 cents in the Book Closeouts sale.  When they get worn out, my child will either know her letters already or we'll buy more.



And voila!  An end to the constant cleanup and the lost letter X.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: