June 24, 2010

Target Mens Body Wash and Deodorant Deals

I just found a great deal this afternoon at Target. I'll try to break it down so it's easy to understand, but I'm afraid it probably ends Saturday.  Right now, Target has a deal where you get a $5 gift card with the purchase of any three of certain Old Spice and Gillette products. In the June 6 P&G Brand Saver, there were some BOGO coupons for both.

Buy any 3 of certain products, get a $5 gift card.  These include:
  • Old Spice body wash, $3.99 each.
  • Gillette Clinical Deodorant, $7.49 each.
  • Old Spice Clinical Deodorant, $7.49 each.
  • Olay Quench Body Wash
  • Always Ultra Thin Super
  • Tampax
  • Pantene
Here's what I did:
  • Buy one clinical deodorant (Gillette or Old Spice), $7.49, use a $3.00 off coupon for that and a BOGO to get the free body wash.  If you have enough coupons, you can do two of these.  
  • I also had BOGO for the body wash, so got two of those.
  • So, 2 deodorants end up being $4.49 each.  Two body washes free.
  • 2 more body washes, $3.99 each, but one is free.
  • Total out of pocket $12.97.
  • Get two $5 gift cards (because we bought 6 items)
  • Final price is $2.97, making each item about 50 cents.
If you have coupons for any of the other items in the $5 gift card deal, you could really stock up on a lot of those products.

The best part of this shopping trip is the way the cashier acted when I brought up all my body washes with all of  my coupons, and it's the reason that Target continues to be my discount store of choice.  Instead of sighing, eye-rolling, or looking for a reason to disallow each and every coupon, she told me that I had to be her savvy shopper of the day.

I have had that reaction a lot in Target, from many different cashiers, and good customer service in my opinion makes up for a lot of "rollbacks."  Add to that the fact that Target now has signs prominently placed throughout the store that they will price match any other store ad, and you can now skip the blue devil entirely.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: