July 25, 2012

Low Carb Pizza Rolls Recipe

I recently discovered that I was old and fat, so I have been doing a low carb diet for almost three months.  I've lost just over 15 pounds, and it's actually been mostly painless.  I also feel so much better than I did before.  Bonus!  I've been discovering new recipes and making them my own, so I thought I'd start to share a few of my favorites.

So, first... PIZZA!  This is so easy, I shouldn't even call it a recipe.



Low Carb Pizza Rolls

1/3-1/2 C. shredded mozzerella
Toppings of your choice (I used pepperoni for this one)
2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce

Sprinkle cheese in a thin layer in the skillet, then add the toppings. 


 I usually use turkey pepperoni, but I only had the original super greasy ones on hand.





Continue to cook until the cheese gets nice and golden brown.




Once it is browned, remove from heat and let it cool down slightly.  You can slice it like a regular pizza or you can roll, slice, and dip.  I like the pizza roll idea, so that is how I do it.

 

 I have had this for lunch two days in a row because I've been craving pizza, so I will share that I have tried microwave and a skillet to make these.  Both work and taste the same.  For the microwave, put parchment paper on a microwave plate.  Add toppings, cook for about 2 minutes, then cool, roll, and eat.

Enjoy!
 

No comments: