July 21, 2012

Story County Fair Time!

It's Story County Fair time, one of the best bargains I know!



Since not everyone is local to me, I found a comprehensive list of all the county fairs in Iowa.  I know people who have never been to the fair, but it was a big part of my life growing up in rural Iowa.  If you have never been, go and check it out.  You won't be disappointed.


I put the dates for the Story County Fair into my calendar, but I also wanted to highlight some of the best events.
 
  • TODAY should be a great day for smaller children.  They will have the small animal shows beginning at 11 am, with dog and cat shows and a rabbit hopping show in the afternoon.  There is also a petting zoo from 3-7 pm.

  • Sunday there will be a family fun night, with a movie in the park.
  • Go try out the food!  The Methodist Church has a stand with tons and tons of homemade pies, and the food prices are so reasonable!  They will be serving all day long, with homemade breakfasts starting at 6 am.
  •  Check out the full schedule HERE.  And did I mention that admission to the fair is FREE for everyone?  Couldn't be better.

No comments: