November 16, 2009

Couponing 101--Where to find them

I use a LOT of coupons. Using coupons is a great way to save money on your groceries and everyday household needs. For many people, this is a matter of whether there is a meal on the table or not; for some, it's a way to save on some staples so that you can splurge more on extras, your non-negotiable name brands, or organic items.

First off, where do you find coupons?
  • The Sunday circulars have coupons to clip. In the central Iowa area, local Kum & Go stores offer a free paper with gas purchase. I always get my gas on Sunday for that reason.
  • My favorite, Mypoints will allow you to print out coupons from coupons.com and smartsource both. Don't forget, they're also giving you points toward earning gift cards at the same time. These are the first coupons I always use, since they pay me to use them.
  • Coupons.com is a great site with everyday items. There are pages of coupons on their site, and they update often. I put a little widget on the side bar with a link to their site. You can use it to scroll through and find the ones that interest you, or just click to go straight there.
  • Smartsource is another great site for printable coupons.
  • Anyone who regularly clips the Sunday coupons has seen the Red Plum section. They also have an online source for printing here.
  • All You magazine, which usually has $80-$100 worth of coupons for health and beauty items. This magazine is only available in a store where I don't shop, or you can get it by subscription. Since I don't shop at that store, I do not want to give them even one mention in my blog. If you google, you can find which store. Looks like Amazon is offering a discount on subscriptions to All You right now.


  • If you have a product you love, go to their webpage and look for special offers or coupons. Get on their email or snail mail list. It's not spam if they mail you coupons every month. We really like Horizon organic dairy products, and they always have coupons available.
  • Also local to my area, Hy-Vee and Fareway both occasionally offer printable coupons on their websites. Target has their own printable coupons as well, and these store coupons can be "stacked" with the manufacturer's coupons for more savings. More on this in a later blog post.
Where's your favorite place to get coupons? I'd love to add more sites if people recommend them.


No comments: