November 16, 2009

Take good care of your computer!

There are many antivirus programs offered for purchase. What many people don't know is that there are great programs that you can get and use for free! There are some scammers that claim they will check your computer out, but you download them and they tell you that you have to pay, or some are actually viruses or spyware themselves!

I know of two very good, legitimate free anti-virus programs. I personally use AVG, but I know many people who also love Avast.

AVG is only for use in personal computers. They have a paid version for businesses, and they also offer a more comprehensive version for a fee. The free version has been serving my computer needs for over 5 years. Get it here. The link can be a little confusing. You'll need to click about three times where it says to download the free version (basic). Set it up to scan your computer daily at a certain time, and you know it will be there for you.

Avast can be found at this link. Though I have not used it, our security-minded friend and many others feel this is one of the best.

You also need to keep your computer safe from spyware, and again there is a great free program out there to use. Spybot: Search and Destroy is an awesome program.

I don't get anything from any of these companies by recommending them. I don't work for them, but they work well for me. There are options on their sites for you to donate to them, and you may want to do that to keep getting their product for free.

No comments: