March 8, 2010

How to Earn with Swagbucks

I have many friends doing Swagbucks now, and I've had to repeat how to earn a few times, so I thought it would be a good time to make a list on my blog.  I started Swagbucks at the beginning of January, and have earned $65 in Amazon gift cards so far.  I'm about halfway to the next $5 gift card already, so it is adding up faster than many of my favorite GPT (get paid to...) sites.  If you aren't doing it yet, go ahead and click on the picture below to get started.  It's no obligation, and you just use it like you would google.

Search & Win

Here is a list of the best ways to earn:
  • Search using swagbucks.  I know I use google a lot when I want to find certain pages, or if I see something I want to learn more about.  I think it works best if you don't sit and search over and over.  They want you to use natural searching, so that's what I try to do.  It seems random how they hand out the bucks, so doing it repeatedly might do no good.
  • They have a special offers page where you can earn more.  I am not one to do those kinds of things, but you can join Netflix or Blockbuster and earn a lot, among a lot of other things.  There are free trials and no obligation offers that won't cost you any money.  
  • Even if you don't do the special offers, if you go to the "No Obligation" section every day and skip each one to the end, you'll get 2 SB a day.
  • The different special offers pages will have videos you can watch for 1-3 SB each, and sometimes you can find another one on the front page.
  • The swidget on my right sidebar will often list a code or give a clue as to where to find the code.  These are limited time bucks, and usually happen once or twice a day.  Some days there will be many more.  Just click where it says check for code, and it will say if there is one available.
  • You can also earn 3 SB for every 10 videos you watch on Swagbucks TV.  I've found this one to be good if you switch back and forth between screens. 
  • Answer surveys in the Trusted Surveys section.  These will usually earn you 50-200 Swagbucks, but even if you don't qualify, you can get 1 buck for trying.  They'll give you up to 5 SB per day for disqualifying.
  • Referrals are one of the best ways to earn.  You will receive every search buck your friends do until they hit 1000 bucks earned.  If you have 10 referrals, that can mean 10,000 bucks that you didn't have to work for.  NICE.
  • Link your Swagbucks account to your Facebook account, and it will post on your page every time you search and win or find a code.  This helps with two things: you may get more referrals, and when your friends get a search win, the chances are good that if you go and do a search, you will too.  Just today I logged into Facebook and saw that two of my friends got a code, so I hit the swidget and found it, too. 
I hope you'll find the tips helpful in doing your earning.  I've found that this is a little more time intensive than some of the other GPTs that I do, but the earning potential is a little higher as well.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Ok, so I have a swagbucks question about the code finder... when it says on the blog, where is the blog?

Amy said...

When you look on your main swagbucks home page, they have their twitter and blog links on the left sidebar.