March 25, 2010

Super Drug Town Deal

I hope others are able to partake in this deal.  If you're within the Hy-Vee area, many of you will have a Hy-Vee Drugtown.  This idea was given to me by loyal reader Sabrina, and I LOVE it.  It seems if you purchase 5 packages of Chinet dinner plates for $10 (a special price this week), you can get five packages of ten of their travel coffee cups and five two pound packages of coffee.  Having much need for coffee in our house, I ran right down there to check it out for myself.  I talked up the person behind the counter, and she informed me that this offer rang true in any amount of plates that you purchase. 1 plate=1 free bag of coffee + 1 free package of cups.

I had two printable coupons from Chinet's website so I used those as well.  If that link doesn't work for you, go to Chinet's website (chinet.com) and join their club to get them emailed to you.  I bought:
  • 10 packages of paper plates (total of 150 plates) 
  • 10 packages of coffee cups (total of 100 cups)
  • 10 packages of coffee (total of 20 pounds!)
Before coupons and discounts, my total was $85.  After discounts and coupons were applied and sales tax added, my total out of pocket cost was $19.40.

No comments: