Free gardening resources:
- Lasagna beds for preparing soil and less tilling. This one will be better for the fall.
- Egg carton planters, one of my most popular gardening posts. You can start your plants at any time in egg cartons, but it needs to be something with a short growing season at this point. Awesome way to get the kids involved.
- My personal favorite, The Three Sisters. We work in a lesson about Native Americans, talk about soil and seed science, and enjoy lots of beans. For the past two years, we've gotten straight line winds that blew over our corn. Crossing our fingers for this year.
- Another fun one, potato in a bucket.
- Gardening in small spaces: hanging baskets.
- And how could I forget composting?