February 10, 2011

KinderNature -- Free Teaching Resources

We have used the fun programs of Story County Conservation many times. They have a lot of great classes for children of all ages, and most are free or a nominal fee.  I usually make sure to put their events in my calendar on the right, and I just got their latest flyer with information on upcoming activities.

Yesterday, I attended a presentation given by SCC, and learned about a great new (to me) resource that would be great even for people who aren't able to get to one of their campsKinderNature is listed as a resource for early educators.  They have many ideas for group and one on one activities, both indoor and outdoor, that teach about nature, incorporating math and science learning at an age appropriate level.  Check out their site for more information.

The site is fun and free for you to use, but they also offer some webinars that educators can attend online and receive credit for training and licensing.

No comments: