May 5, 2010

Free Activities for Mother's Day

In looking around at the schedules of events in our area, I tried to place a special focus on activities for moms.  I would have thought I would find more things to do, but I guess you're just supposed to make Mom breakfast in bed, buy her flowers, and let that be enough.  Here are a few things I have found, but please email or comment if you know more:
  • Reiman Gardens has free admission for all mothers on Mother's Day.  We've gone to this event many times.  It's a great outdoor activity, plus the butterfly garden is terrific.  This year, their focus is on lawn decorations, and our family previewed the garden last week.  They have gnomes all over decorated by local schools and organizations, plus the world's largest concrete garden gnome.  There are plans for many more fun displays of lawn art, but my favorite part was the bottle trees.
  •  Another activity that I've found is a Mother's Day open house at Wild Birds Unlimited.  There will be free refreshments, door prizes, and free gift wrapping.
  • Still looking...check this post later.

No comments: