September 12, 2011

Fall Festival Season



Where did the summer go?  It seemed like I was just posting all the sanity savers for summer, and now there's a chill in the air, the leaves are starting to change, and my kids have headed back to school. 

The summer fun doesn't have to end just yet.  I help out, right over there on the upper right corner of my blog.  I try hard to keep the calendar packed with free or cheap activities that are family-friendly.  I like to have a lot of choices for getting out and having fun with the family, and if I'm doing the research, I may as well add it in for others to use. 

Local readers will receive more benefit because I tend to focus locally, but perhaps the posts can give some inspiration for fun ideas.  Maybe if I post about our local apple orchard or pumpkin picking, it will give out-of-area readers ideas of where to search for similar places.

As we are moving into fall, what is your favorite fall activity?  We welcomed some cooler weather last weekend by cooking s'mores over our fire pit in the backyard.  The bugs are still biting, but it's getting closer to pumpkin patch time. 

Keep checking out that calendar, and I'm going to feature a few of our favorite fall activities throughout the next couple of weeks.

No comments: