March 13, 2011

Bag #5 -- Puzzles

If you're coming into this in the middle of my project, here is the link to what I am talking about.

I have been doing bags when I can.  I really want to make sure that I complete the 40 bags project.  Part of the reason I am blogging about it is to make sure that I am held accountable to finish.  Because I do work part time with strange hours, I sometimes do two or three bags in one day, so I am saving some for the days I don't have time to do it.

This was part of that hall closet clean out. There were a lot of puzzles we had never opened, just because we didn't have time and had children who made it pretty well impossible to do puzzles without pegs in them.  I filled a bag with puzzles to find a new home.

Destination?  I'm trying to decide.  Here are some options:
  • Goodwill and the Salvation Army will accept unopened games and puzzles.
  • Take them to a resale shop.
  • In our area, Blank Children's Hospital will accept new toys and games.
  • Any hospital or cancer treatment center would also accept new toys and games.
  • Sell them on eBay.
  • Take them to a local nursing home.
Does anyone else have more ideas?  I think these will go to the nursing home or the new senior center in our town.

2 comments:

3Princesses1Prince said...

Cancer treatment places are another option. They do them to pass the time while having treatments done :)

Amy said...

Thank you! I'll add that and the children's hospital to the post.