March 16, 2011

Bag #7 -- Outgrown Clothes

 If you're coming into this in the middle of my project, here is the link to what I am talking about.

This has been put off for too long in our house. I have taken clothes out of circulation as I folded in the laundry room, then just filled boxes intending to sort and get rid of everything at some later date. Today was the day.

I went through and filled:
  • 1 13 gallon garbage bag of women's clothing for the clothing closet.
  • 4 (yes, really!) 13 gallon garbage bags of children's clothing for the clothing closet.
  • 1 tote full of outgrown clothes from the older child to the younger child.
  • 1 tote full of clothes for the consignment store.
  • 1 box of clothes for hand-me-downs to a younger relative.
  • 1 bag of clothing that was stained or damaged to the garbage.
  • ==== that's 9 bags, technically.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I could do more.  My husband still needs to go through and remove a lot of his clothes from circulation, and I still think that the kids have too many clothes to have to wash every week.  It's a great start, though.

No comments: