November 4, 2011

Lowe's Build and Grow Clinics

We tend to forget about Lowe's Build and Grow clinics during the summer when we're able to do so many great things outside.  It got cold in a hurry here yesterday and it even snowed a little, so I started looking for fun indoor activities again.  What luck!  The first Build and Grow clinic is November 12 (remember, I always try to get these activities into the free fun calendar) and they're building a science lab.  It even comes with cards with experiments for the kids to try.

What we love:
  • Each child gets their own apron, goggles, and hammer.
  • Every time you participate in a clinic, your child will also get a patch for their apron.
  • Did I mention it's FREE?
  • All the pieces are pre-cut, all the things you need are in the kit, so even the least able handy-people (like me) can help their child complete a fun building project.

It was our experience last year that these workshops got EXTREMELY popular.  You will need to pre-register, and I would register as quickly as you can before they run out of spots.

(In our store, the first clinic is already full)

The registration info says this:
I understand that this registration only reserves the kit(s) until 10:15 AM at which time the kit(s) may be given to others present at the clinic.

I understand that the child(ren) I have registered must be present to receive the kit(s).

To me, it looks like you might be able to go in after 10:15 and take your chances if you weren't able to register, and it also looks like they've changed the policy of allowing you to come and pick up the kit if you didn't have time to do the project at the scheduled time. 

No comments: