May 17, 2011

Free or Cheap Kids' Movies for the Summer

If you're looking for more great FREE things to do with your children this summer, you can also check out my previous blog posts labeled SSSS (summer sanity savers series.)  Be sure to click read older posts to see all of them.

I already posted one under the free reading programs, but I'll also put it in this post along with the others I've found.  If your area has free or low cost movies, let me know in the comments and I'll get it added here.  Seems like most have gone to $1 per show, but that's still a good price.
  • Regal Theaters has their Summer Movie Express, and it looks like it also includes some United Artists and Edwards Theaters.  Check on the link to see if your theater is included.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 am, select G and PG movies will be only $1.  Wouldn't you know?  None in Iowa.
  • Cinemark has their Summer Movie Clubhouse, with 10 movies for $1 each (or pre-buy tickets to all shows for only $5).  Interestingly, even though there are Cinemarks in Ames, this only includes the theater in Jordan Creek Mall.
  • AMC Theaters has discontinued their Summer Movie Camp.  Boo.
  • National Amusements, as mentioned in the reading program post, has free movies if your child brings a book review.
  • These Clearview Cinemas are also East Coast only.  Check out the info HERE.
  • Great Escapes (why are none of these in my area?) has some freebies.  You'll need to click on your individual theater for their schedule.
  • Rave Motion Pictures also has free movies, still not in my area.
If you know of others, let me know so that I can get them added.

No comments: