I will be adding this to my blog post with all the summer reading programs, but thought it would be worth its own post as well. Everything we can do helps with keeping our kids learning and retaining what they learned over the summer. Free books are always a good motivator for them and for us.
Here's the lowdown on Half Price Books' Feed Your Brain
How kids 14 and under can participate:
- Get a Feed Your Brain Reading Log and set a goal to read each day for at least 15 minutes or more throughout June and July. Grown-ups may read aloud for kids who are still learning.
- Join us for our Feed Your Brain kick off on Sunday, June 5 at 2 pm for the Biggest Storytime of the Summer at your local Half Price Books.
- Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial at the end of each week.
- Check-in at your local Half Price Books store to find more great books to Feed Your Brain throughout the summer!
- Did you read 600 minutes or more? Turn in your completed reading log at Half Price Books July 25 – August 7 to receive your $5 Back-to-School Bucks summer reading reward!
- Do you think you’re a Top Reader this summer? We’ll award one top reader per age group with a TOP READER prize, a $20 HPB Gift Card!*