November 13, 2010

Borders Melissa and Doug Deal

I'm a huge fan of all things Melissa and Doug. They make great educational toys that don't have a lot of moving parts, plastic, batteries, or noise. From the very first item that we bought, we've been happy with everything--except one, but their customer service was awesome replacing it.

I'm always looking for the next great toys from them.  Their whole play food line is wonderful, and their big floor puzzles are beautiful and just about mangle-proof.  Their products are also reasonably priced.  You can often find good deals on Amazon, but right now I have to talk about Borders.


Our local Borders store is not one of the really huge mega-stores, but they have a wide variety of Melissa and Doug items.  We were in the store today for story time, and I spotted a great sale.  Right now at Borders, the M&D toys are all buy one get one 50% off.  I poked around forever on their web page to find the deal listed there, but it isn't.  In fact, I couldn't find the toys on their site at all.  You'll just have to take my word for it.


I don't know if it's possible to use a coupon as well, but HERE is a coupon for 33% off one item.  I read the fine print and it looks like it can't be used with any other offer, but it's worth a try. 

While you're in there, they have a pretty good gift card deal.  If you buy $100 in gift cards, you'll get $20 free.

No comments: