November 11, 2010

Fun Freebie Events for Kids

There are two great free events this weekend for children, and both look to be really fun! If you are new to the blog or haven't remembered to check out the calendar for a while, I do try to keep it updated with things to do.

This is partially selfish, because I don't like to stay home with children. I love to get out and do things, and I REALLY love to get out and do free things. Since I'm already looking for the events, I may as well share them with all of you.

So, gather your children, and get to Lowe's for the Build and Grow clinic at 10 Saturday morning. Your child can make a wooden periscope. If you've never been there before, you will get an apron for the child to keep and a patch showing the creation you have made. They ask that you pre-register, but I have occasionally gone without doing it.
When you're done making your periscope, throw the kids in the car and head to Borders by 11!  They're having a Build-A-Bear story time.  They usually have crafts to do, a storytime, and some great snacks for the kids.  It doesn't look like the BAB will be free, but they say they will have special offers from BAB.

There you go!  Two great freebies that will keep your kids entertained till lunch time.  Be sure to let me know if you have events you'd like added to the calendar.  I already have some information about tree lighting in Ames that I'll be putting in as soon as I send this post.

No comments: