October 10, 2011

Fareway Meat Stock-Up Opportunity

It's pretty late notice, but I've been a LOT busy with work and home lately. Right now, Fareway has three great opportunities to stock up on meat for your deep freeze. 
  • 10 pound tubes of ground beef for $1.99 a pound!
  • Boneless skinless chicken breast, $1.69 a pound!  
  • Boneless pork loin, $1.88 a pound, but you have to buy the whole loin.  There is a coupon on the front page of their ad for $2 off said pork loin.  These tend to run 8-10 pounds.  

You look at that and say, "but what am I going to do with a 10 pound hunk of meat?"  This is yet another reason I love Fareway!  They will cut it to your liking.  I went this morning and had it cut into two three pound roasts and 12 pork loin slices.  I even had them run the slices through the tenderizer so they are ready for however I want to serve them.  That bag of meat, for $16.59, will serve us for up to eight meals.  Pork tenderloins were nearly $3 a pound, so doing it this way was a huge savings.


When you buy the ground beef in large tubes, you can repackage and freeze it, or you can do what I do--cook it all up and freeze in one pound packages.  I do the same with the chicken breast.  Here are three old favorite blog posts about cooking a lot at once. 

No comments: