December 12, 2010

Lowe's Build and Grow Update, Pt. 2

I've gotten several questions about the train and how to get the other train cars when you have missed previous clinics. Saturday the 18th is the last day for the train build, and they will be making the engine.

When I was at our store yesterday, I quizzed the man who tends the Build and Grow clinics for us about this.  He told me a few bits of information that may be useful.  Of course, this information will be for my local store, but a call to yours might not be such a bad idea. 
  • The website allows only 50 people to pre-register.  After that, it will show that it's full.
  • At least at our store, they receive 75 kits.  The extra 25 are meant to cover the people who haven't yet registered.
  • He said that if people call the store and say that the registration is full, he'll put them down on one of the 25 extra kits.
  • Every clinic, there are a certain number of people who don't show up at the assigned clinic time.  If you've registered, you can pick it up later in the day or even as late as Monday. 
  • The unclaimed kits are just set back.  He implied (and I don't want to get him in trouble by putting words in his mouth that don't jive with the company policy) that he might bring out the leftover kits next week for the people who might have missed one of the previous train cars.  
  • AHH!  Forgot the last, and most important answer to the questions I've received.  Lowe's has many kits available for purchase, both in store (much bigger selection at our store) and online.  Our guy seemed to think they would come out with some of the train cars to sell at the store within a few months.  It's not instant gratification, but it completes the train set.
The bottom line, though.  Call your local store and ask the questions.  I'm a firm believer that it never hurts to ask.  I always tell my kids, ask nicely, but no fits if they tell you no.  The same goes for adults.

No comments: