December 28, 2010

Shifting Gears

As I mentioned in the earlier post, I am shifting gears in my home for the new year, and I'll be shifting gears in the blog as well. I spent a lot of time and energy finding and posting Amazon deals, and I can tell by the increase in site traffic that it was appreciated.

I will still post great deals from Amazon when they come up, but it will be more like weekly instead of multiple posts per day.  If you still need some Amazon retail therapy, I made a static post from a post a while back that had all the links to the best parts of Amazon.  You can find that at the top of any page on my blog.

Here's one that I really like right now. Use your Video on Demand credits (I know you got some from buying DVDs over the last few months) in order to rent a movie or television show you may like. When you rent movies or tv shows on this list, you will get a $4 or $5 credit toward the purchase of that same DVD.  If you use Twitter, you can also get $5 VOD credits for tweeting this page.

An example:  rent Toy Story 3 for $3.99 through VOD.  You will then get $5 toward the purchase of the DVD, which happens to be on sale for $9.99 right now, making it $4.99.  If you haven't purchased a DVD that works for the VOD promotion, you will THEN receive an email with $5 in VOD credits.

Toy Story and Toy Story 2 are also available for the same promotion, as well as the new Karate Kid movie (only $9.99 for the DVD/Blueray combo).  Here is the list of family movies that are included, and what follows are the separate DVD deals. 



=================================================
SO...

Now that the buying frenzy is mostly over, I will shift back to some of the other topics that I enjoy. I'd love to hear from readers on what topics you would like to see me cover.

No comments: